Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Connect the Dots...

As I peruse the NY Times (online of course, it saves money and paper, especially now that it is completely free access) I sometimes notice the various blogs on the sides. I have been intrigued by the title of one blog in the Dining Section called 'Bitten', and today I finally decided to check out an interesting looking post on Kitchen Myths.

I discovered the reason for the name- author Mark Bittman. He not only writes the 'Minimalist' column in the Dining & Wine Section (right up my alley!) but also happens to be the author of my new kitchen 'bible'. Maybe everyone already knows this, but I had an 'Aha!' moment as I connected all the dots.

I 'inherited' his cookbook How To Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Food when combining households, and it has become my textbook. It is an amazing book, I was just remarking the other day how much I like the way it is laid out. It is a great way to learn because it teaches the basics in an easy to understand way, and then offers variations. This is how he fits so much information into one book, he doesn't repeat the basics for every recipe. It is very well organized, at least for how I like to learn and work in the kitchen. He also has How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog.